Sunday, December 19, 2021

Archie's Boxes

 I made three boxes.  Two from Wild Tambran wood with black wood tops.  The black wood used for the tops washed up on the shore of Lake Huron.  The Wild Tambran was purchased at Woodcraft.  

Three Boxes.  Paperclip Box left and two Wild Tambran Boxes.

Bottom of the Wild Tambran boxes with label, decoration and my signature AJP logo. 
Wax Free Shellac darkens the cuts in the bottom.

The two Wild Tambran boxes with black wood lids off.  Wild Tambran has both light and dark wood.
I turned the boxes to retain as much of the lighter wood as I could for contrast.  
The lids were the last of my black wood and makes a nice contrast.

The paperclip box with lid off and paperclip on magnet.  
Put paperclips in the box, shake and remove lid and you have a bunch of paperclips ready to use.

Not sure what kind of wood I used for the paperclip box.  It was on my shelf in the garage.  The base and top were made from the same section of wood so the grain comes close to aligning up.   After cutting it, there was some end grain tears.  Cutting with a sharp tool and sanding removed them.  Wood was light brown before finishing.  - ajp2






No comments:

Post a Comment